Sunday, November 23, 2008

Apparently there is correlation between behavior and religion. It might not be what you would think, but it makes perfect sense to me.

http://www.slate.com/id/2203614/pagenum/all?Paul

I have become more and more atheist the father I reach into my adult years.

I've spend many years in churches and around those same people outside of church. I've noticed that many, but not all of people with whom I have shared pews with, did not actively practice what they preached. I enjoyed church for the simple fact that while we was there love and empathy for fellow man seemed real, but somehow many didn't carry those values beyond those church walls. What I witnessed in my youth didn't change as I grew older. Forget loving thy neighbor, its now the idea that if you are not with us you are against us. There seems to be this growing divide between religions and even within religions. Why can't people just be good for goodness sake? Why is everything in the name of some omnipotent god?
I've never been more turned of by people but at the same time I feel this overwhelming urge to help and save each and everyone of them.
----------------
Now playing: Ben Kweller - Lizzy
via FoxyTunes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home